The majority of people living in our modern day world have some form of gut dysbiosis/abnormal microbiota which will dampen any successful weight loss program. A colon/gut cleanse can help remove these unhealthy bacteria and yeast in the body which feed on old food residues if they are not cleared out. Removing toxins from your body will help the lymph, liver and kidneys perform their functions better.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1Why is it important to treat gut dysbiosis?
- 2How does gut dysbiosis affect our immune system?
- 3How can one check for dysbiosis?
- 4How would one recognize disbyosis?
- 5What other conditions can dysbiosis result in?
- 6Why do we incorporate a "5 day bowel preparation" into our Body Renewal Medical Weight loss program at Body Renewal / Health Renewal?
- 7What does the "5 day bowel preparation" involve?
- 8What essential supplements do we prescribe for this optional 5 day bowel preparation plan?
- 9Supplements to take: (Provided as a package for R435)
- 10What are the documented uses and benefits of Oregano?
- 11What are the documented uses of MSM?
- 12What are the benefits of a probiotic?
Dysbiosis is the primary cause of numerous conditions as 70% of one's immunity starts in the gut. Dysbiosis is a serious condition that may be the underlying cause of some of our most prevalent diseases or clinical conditions such as breast and colon cancer and auto immune disease. It has been overlooked by the medical community due to the previous misunderstanding of the critical role this condition plays in an individual's long-term overall health.
Many experts and healthcare pioneers who have researched this subject believe that immune system function is directly related to the health of the gastrointestinal tract which is numerous and complex. The GI tract, an important component of the digestive system, consists of the stomach and intestines. If the GI tract is not healthy, the organism (the human body in this case) will not be healthy. The key elements to good health and feeling good are eating nutrient rich foods and taking care of the GI tract.
As dysbiosis becomes a problem in individuals, the immune system becomes impaired, resulting in a multitude of symptoms that can be unique in different people. Today thousands of clinical studies validate and or indicate the seriousness of the condition. In addition, laboratory tests can now be performed on patients to substantiate this condition, forcing even former nonbelievers to confront the realities of dysbiosis. Ask your Health Renewal doctor / nurse for a CDSA (Comprehensive Diagnostic Sensitivity Analysis) from Synexa labs, if you want to have a full evaluation of your gut microbiota. This Comprehensive Gut Health Panel includes Natural flora, pathogens, MC & S, Calprotectin and SIGA costing from R1325. This may not be refundable from your medical aid.
Metabolic by-products of the bad bacteria of dysbiosis are toxic and can create a wide variety of symptoms, which may include:
- Digestive complaints are the most common and include flatulence, nausea, bloating/abdominal distension, intestinal pain and inflammation, reflux, cramping and constipation and/or diarrhea.
- Intestinal dysbiosis can also present with non-specific symptoms and signs such as non-specific arthritic pain and rapid changes in weight. Unfortunately, the cause of these symptoms is frequently misunderstood and misdiagnosed. When the symptoms are treated, but the cause of the problem is not corrected (as is often the case) more serious systemic disorders can develop.
- In fact, intestinal dysbiosis should be considered as a possible cause, or at least a contributing factor in patients who have asthma, bronchitis, allergies, autoimmune disorders, breast and colon cancer, unexplained fatigue or neuropsychiatric symptoms.
- Skin conditions such as eczema, acne, hormonal pigmentation and psoriasis may be improved by treating dysbiosis.
Autism, ADHD, Acute pancreatitis, Fibromyalgia, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Chronic Constipation, Chronic diarrhea, Food allergy and Food Intolerance.
Before you begin the injection part of the Body Renewal Medical Weight loss program, it is in your best health interests to do a "5 day preparation" of the bowel. This involves gorging good fat for 2 days to replace normal fat stores which are essential and then 3 days of colon cleansing, detoxification and bowel preparation in order to improve dysbiosis. This will ensure optimal weight loss and health!
1. A Gorging phase of 2 days which replaces the normal fat which you have lost from years of yo-yo dieting. This normal fat is vital to keep your skin firm (prevent wrinkles and sagging) and to cushion your vital organs such as the heart and kidneys.
2. Three days of a Colon Cleansing regimen to prepare/cleanse the bowel and detoxify the liver in order to prepare for weight loss. This is done by a detoxifying cleanse which helps your body's organs function better by clearing them of poisons, toxins, bacteria and fungi that have accumulated over time.
This short pre-diet cleanse will help you get in the proper mindset for successful weight loss. You may have possible side effects during this process such as headache, fatigue, dizziness and dehydration. Your Health Renewal doctor will ensure that you are fit to do the cleansing and preparation process which lasts for 5 days.
At Health Renewal we have chosen a short list of essential products to minimize these detox symptoms and to start healing the bowel. These supplements for colon cleansing should be taken during the entire Body Renewal Medical Weight loss program as they will improve dysbiosis by clearing up abnormal bacteria, viruses , parasites and fungi that may be present in the gut. The MSM will detoxify the liver and start healing the gut mucosa.
- Solgar Wild Oregano oil – 1 at morning and 1 at night with your meal
- Ultra flora Balance – 1 just before bedtime
- MSM powder – half-1 teaspoon in morning (mixed with water/fruit juice)
Oregano is Antifungal, antiviral, anti-aging, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiparasitic, immune stimulant and an antiseptic. It may improve the following: bacterial infection, viruses, Epstein Barr, influenza, oral infection, mouth ulcers, parasites, bronchitis, bursitis, chronic pain, cold sores, cough, diarrhea, digestive problems, respiratory infections, sore throat, strep throat, dysbiosis, fibroids, flu, fungal skin infection, gallbladder infection, immune system, infections, tonsillitis,whooping cough, viral and bacterial pneumonia, viral colitis, arthritis, rheumatism, muscles and vaginal yeast infection.
Detoxification, including excess and heavy metals, inflammation, anti-oxidant protection, arthritis, diabetes, food allergies, parasites, wound healing, hair, skin and nail health, general connective tissue support including joints, blood vessels, eyes, etc.
Experts say that 70% to 80% of our immune systems are located in the gut, so a healthy gastrointestinal tract is important not just for our digestive systems but for our overall health. That is where probiotics can come into play. These live microorganisms, known as "good bacteria" may improve and maintain the health of your gut and therefore your health. Probiotics are essential to basic human nutrition. Probiotics are live microorganisms (in most cases, bacteria) that are similar to the beneficial microorganisms naturally found in the human gut. These “good bacteria” are used to prevent and alleviate many different conditions, but particularly those that affect the gastrointestinal tract.
Our gut is home to over 500 bacterial species. These “visitors” form a bioreactor, which facilitates digestion, provides nutrients and helps form the immune system. Some important nutrients made by this bioreactor include several Vitamin B’s, vitamin K, folate, and some short-chain fatty acids. Up to 10% of an individual’s daily energy needs can be derived from the byproducts of the good bacteria in your gut.
Furthermore, probiotics can provide multiple benefits for your immune system. When probiotics are abundant in your body, it’s harder for bacteria that cause illness to get a foothold. Some also keep you healthy by making bacteriocins, which suppress the growth of harmful bacteria. In order to reap the full benefits of taking probiotics, some experts recommend taking probiotic-rich food or a probiotic supplement for a minimum of two weeks – try it and see if you notice a difference!
This treatment has not yet been reviewed. To review this treatment click here