Scientific evidence has repeatedly demonstrated that antioxidants are a cornerstone in the promotion of heart health, immune system support and memory support. Antioxidants also appear to play a role in helping to slow your signs of aging.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1Is Ubiquinol available at all Health Renewal branches?
- 2What are Anti Oxidants?
- 3What are free radicals?
- 4What is Ubiquinol?
- 5How does Ubiquinol/CoQ10 work?
- 6Why does one have to supplement with Ubiquinol if you take Statins?
- 7Can I get Ubiquinol from the foods I eat?
- 8Ubiquinone vs. Ubiquinol: What is the Difference?
- 9Why does one have to supplement with Ubiquinol?
- 10What beneficial effects does Ubiquinol have?
- 11What additional benefits does Ubiquinol supplementation have?
- 12Why should one not self medicate?
- 13Why should I choose Health Renewal as my provider of Ubiquinol?
Ubiquinol is available in Johannesburg at the Sandton, Fourways, Parkhurst, Illovo,and Morningside branches and Pretoria at Brooklyn and Irene as well as in the Western Cape at Claremont, Constantia, Cape Quarter, Willowbridge, Constantia, Somerset West and Stellenbosch and in KwaZulu Natal at Hillcrest and Umhlanga.
Antioxidants are your body's way to neutralize free radicals, those harmful metabolic byproducts that damage cells and tissues throughout your body.
Antioxidants are generally classified into two broad categories; water-soluble (hydrophilic) and lipid-soluble (hydrophobic). To fight and help neutralize damaging free radicals, you need both types of antioxidants from as many sources as possible. When taken together, the efficacy of water and lipid-soluble antioxidants is enhanced even more. All antioxidants are valuable to the human body and often work synergistically or target different areas of our body.
Examples of water-soluble antioxidants include resveratrol, pycnogenol, vitamin C ,glutathione and astaxanthin. It is present in aqueous fluids, such as blood and intracellular and extracellular fluids. It react with oxidants in the cell cytosol (fluid portion of cytoplasm) and the blood plasma.
Lipid/Fat soluble antioxidants such as Ubiquinol/Co Q10, Astaxanthin-vitamins E, A, and beta-carotene are localized to cellular membranes and lipoproteins. They protect cell membranes from lipid peroxidation and protect the walls or membranes of our cells since they are comprised of cholesterol and water-soluble antioxidants protect the fluids inside the cell and outside the cell (including blood and lymph fluids).
Free radicals are atoms that have lost an electron which makes them unstable and have a net positive charge (also called positive ions). Because they are missing electrons, free radicals will steal electrons from other atoms which makes previously stable atoms now unstable and become another free radical. This creates a domino-like effect disrupting normal bodily functions leading to cell decay and death, malfunction (e.g. abnormal cancerous cell growth), and eventually illness, chronic disease, or chronic inflammation. No matter how healthy a lifestyle we lead or how healthy our diet, we are exposed to dangerous free radicals every day because our normal bodily functions (breathing, metabolism, and physical activity) naturally generate free radicals. Your immune system also generates free radicals to help neutralize viruses and bacteria.
Ubiquinol is an electron-rich form of coenzyme Q10. By itself, CoQ10 is also known as ubiquinone. To benefit from the form of the nutrient needed to produce cellular energy and help you reduce the typical signs of aging, your body must convert the ubiquinone to ubiquinol. Ubiquinol exists everywhere there is life...it's ubiquitous!
Coenzyme Q10 is a vitamin-like substance that has two main physiological roles:
- Energy production
- Antioxidant protection
As part of the electron transport chain, it participates in aerobic cellular respiration and generates 90-95 percent of the energy in the body. As an antioxidant, it scavenges free radicals, thus protecting proteins, LDL ("bad") cholesterol, and mitochondrial DNA from oxidative damage. It is particularly active in the membranes of the cells and cell organelles.
Statin drugs work to lower your cholesterol in the same pathway your body uses to produce CoQ10. Statins deplete your body's natural production of CoQ10. There have been certain side effects associated with the use of statin medications such as fatigue and chronic muscle aches and pains. If you or anyone you know is taking a statin drug, we truly believe it is absolutely essential to start taking a CoQ10 or ubiquinol supplement immediately to replenish your CoQ10 levels.But not just any CoQ10 supplements.
- Ubiquinol supplements should deliver high-absorption formulas regardless of your age,
- should NOT contain any synthetic ingredients and
- come from a highly reputable company with some of the strictest quality control and safety standard practices in place.
Millions of people are now taking statin cholesterol-lowering drugs, but the majority are completely unaware that if you take statin drugs without taking CoQ10 (and particularly its reduced form, ubiquinol), your health is at serious risk. Nearly all physicians fail to inform you about this problem if you are taking statins.
As your body gets more and more depleted of CoQ10, you may suffer from fatigue, muscle weakness and soreness, and eventually heart failure. So if you're taking statin drugs, it's imperative that you take CoQ10 or, preferably, ubiquinol, the reduced, electron-rich form of coenzyme Q10.
You can get Ubiquinol and Ubiquinone in small amounts from your diet; however, you would have to eat the foods in such large amounts as to make them an impractical resource for your CoQ10 supplementation needs. And because the body's ability to convert ubiquinone to Ubiquinol declines with age, food becomes a less practical source of Ubiquinol for older individuals and those suffering from age-related conditions.
Both the names ubiquinone and ubiquinol come from the word "ubiquitous", meaning "everywhere", because CoQ10 is found so widely in the body. So what exactly is the difference between these two forms?
There are two basic functions of CoQ10: energy production and antioxidant protection. Ubiquinone is the "oxidized" form of CoQ10 used to create energy."oxidized" usually has a bad connotation but in this case it simply means that it is in the form needed to produce ATP. Ubiquinol is the "reduced" form of CoQ10 used to provide antioxidant protection.
The simple truth is that both forms are needed by the body, and CoQ10's location in the body determines the form it takes. Inside the cells, where energy is produced, ubiquinone is in great demand. However, outside the cells, in the blood and cell membranes, ubiquinol works as an antioxidant. Importantly, ubiquinone and ubiquinol form a redox pair. This means each one can be easily converted to the other by the body. Ubiquinol does appear to have one advantage over ubiquinone. It is more available than the dry powdered forms of ubiquinone that have been widely commercially available. CoQ10 is primarily lipid-soluble, so it needs to be in the presence of oil to be absorbed. However, not everyone needs the ubiquinol formula. If you're younger than 25, your body should absorb regular CoQ10 just fine.
The challenge you face as you age is that your body levels of CoQ10 continue to diminish.
ENERGY FOR CELLS
- Helps you produce more energy for your cells
- Acts as a catalyst in your body's various chemical reactions, leading to the production of energy.
- Ignites your body's engine by jump-starting energy production in your cells.
- You will enjoy your new-found energy and stamina levels.
- Boosts your heart health
- Helps strengthen your overall cardiovascular system.
- Helps maintain and balance the critical energy level needed in your body's most vital muscle...your heart.
ACT AS AN ANTI OXIDANT TO PROTECT YOU FROM FREE RADICALS
- Provides your body with added defense against oxidation stress to your cells, tissues, and organs.
- Helps recharge other antioxidant nutrients to their active states-and keep them working for you.
HELPS REDUCE THE NORMAL SIGNS OF AGEING:
- Helps you potentially feel more alert and responsive.
- By keeping blood levels high in CoQ10, help you maintain your vitality.
HELPS YOU TO MAINTAIN BLOOD PRESSURE LEVELS WITHIN NORMAL RANGE:
- Promotes healthy blood circulation in your body and a more efficient heart.
- Research indicates maintaining proper levels of CoQ10 can help you maintain normal blood pressure levels.
PROVIDES A BOOST TO YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM :
- Provides a boost to your immune system.
- Helps promote your healthy immune system.
- Helps support your immune system by providing a defense against free radicals.
SUPPORTS YOUR BRAIN :
- Help promotes an active mind.
- Your brain is one of the most active organs in your body and requires uninterrupted energy.
- Helps with memory loss associated with statins.
- Support healthy gums
- Boost your body's immune system
- Help maintain normal blood sugar levels
- Support muscle recovery from intensive workouts
- Promote normalization of your weight
For all health conditions, the nutraceuticals are individually tailored by the Health Renewal Doctor. The doctor will decide- based on your history, physical examination and blood tests what would be the best for you and your specific needs and/or deficiencies. Please do not self-medicate. Self-Medicating is done when a person takes prescription medication or nutraceuticals on their own without a doctor's supervision and/or consent. There is no single supplement given to clients as there is no magic bullet that can support all the essential nutrients that one's body needs.
Health Renewal supplements deliver high-absorption formulas, DO NOT contain any synthetic ingredients and come from a highly reputable company with some of the strictest quality control and safety standard practices in place.
Health Renewal's nutraceuticals are FREE OF: gluten, wheat, dairy, yeast, sugar, sodium, artificial flavour, sweetener, and preservatives. At Health Renewal we insist that all our supplements (such as fish oils) have been certified to be free of heavy metal contaminants like mercury.
This treatment has not yet been reviewed. To review this treatment click here