Frequently Asked Questions
Intravenous therapy for skin brightening is a breakthrough in brightening and cell defence:
A combination of powerful anti-oxidants such as glutathione delivered with vitamins, minerals and fluids hydrate the skin and reduce melanin production. After a series of treatments, a brighter skin tone may result. Glutathione is an extremely effective antioxidant comprised of three essential amino acids. It plays a major role in helping your liver detoxify harmful chemicals by binding to the toxins, facilitating their easy elimination. The body produces glutathione naturally, and research has shown a healthy intake of Vitamin C boosts its production. If glutathione levels are normal, the body’s ability to fight neurological disorders like Parkinson’s disease is strong. If Glutathione levels are low, you are susceptible to a revolving door of conditions.
At Health Renewal we have ensured that our glutathione has the following critical criteria in the formulation of the glutathione. It is important to note that not all glutathione is equal and the results of your skin Brightening infusions is highly dependent on the QUALITY and the QUANTITY of the Glutathione.
Ask your clinic/doctor the following questions:
- Was the glutathione that the clinic uses manufactured in a STERILE laboratory? According to MCC (Medicine Control Council) and the DOH (Department of Health) regulations, all intravenous products have to be formulated in a STERILE lab. According to MCC (Medicine Control Council) and the DOH regulations, all intravenous products have to be formulated in a REGISTERED lab.
- Was the glutathione formulated by a registered COMPOUNDING pharmacist? According to MCC and the DOH regulations, all intravenous products have to be formulated by a registered COMPOUNDING pharmacist. NOT an ordinary pharmacist.
- Is the sterile laboratory registered as a compounding pharmacy with the MCC? It has to be!
️The glutathione used at Health Renewal is formulated in a STERILE, REGISTERED lab by a COMPOUNDING pharmacist who is a Professor of Pharmacy and has been formulating medicine for the last 20 years.
- Our Glutathione does NOT contain any impurities/floaters which will cause unwanted reactions during the infusions.
- Our glutathione is a superior Glutathione which will yield quicker results.
- All prospective IV infusion patients must have a 30-minute pre-infusion consultation with our experienced Functional/ Integrative doctors:
- This consultation will assess any Health risks that need to be targeted
- Lab tests may be ordered to assess renal function which is vital before any IV infusion
- Follow up blood tests may be ordered in 30 days to evaluate renal function after certain infusions
Our IV Solutions are:
- Made in a STERILE and registered lab
- Not contaminated with unwanted "floaters"
- Do NOT cause any unwanted side effects
- All infusions are done by our registered nurses or doctors
- An ACLS certified Doctor is always present in the clinic when infusions are being done
- Our infusion doctors all have ACLS certification (acute cardiac life support certification) and are well prepared should any unwanted effects occur
- A doctor or an experienced registered nurse perform the infusions
- Our registered nurses all have BLS (Basic Life Support) training
- We have emergency equipment such as AED, emergency drugs etc present in the infusion ward
- Strict adherence to sterile protocols are adhered to
Using nonsterile labs for injections and infusions:
"Two pharmacists at the notorious New England Compounding Center have been charged with second-degree murder in the deaths of 25 individuals who received non-sterile steroid pain injections in 2012 and 2013, according to a criminal indictment unsealed today in a federal district court in Boston, Massachusetts.
The pain medicine in question — preservative-free methylprednisolone acetate — harboured fungal meningitis.
The two pharmacists, New England Compounding Center co-owner Barry Cadden and supervisory pharmacist Glenn Chin, along with 12 others named in the 131-count indictment, "knew they were producing their medications in an unsafe manner and in unsanitary conditions, and authorized it to be shipped out anyway, with fatal results," said US Attorney General Eric Holder in a news release.
All told, 751 patients in 20 states were infected with fungal meningitis after receiving methylprednisolone acetate shots produced by the now-defunct compounding pharmacy in Framingham, Massachusetts, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Sixty-four of those patients died. In response, the US Food and Drug Administration has conducted more than 175 inspections of compounding facilities during the last 2 years to prevent similar outbreaks.
The 14 defendants in the federal case, who include a total of 8 pharmacists and two pharmacy technicians, are accused of introducing misbranded drugs into interstate commerce and other crimes, in addition to the murder charges facing Cadden and Chin.
The second-degree murder charges are framed as racketeering acts, according to the Department of Justice. Prosecutors generally do not need to prove that someone charged with second-degree murder specifically intended to kill someone, only that he or she acted with extreme indifference to human life, the Department of Justice stated.
The indictment holds Cadden, Chin, and others responsible for, among other things:
- Using expired and expiring ingredients to compound the steroid injections and falsifying expiration dates on documents;
- Autoclaving drugs for less than the 20 minutes needed for sterilization;
- Failing to properly test drugs for sterility;
- Failing to recall tainted drugs when microbial growth was later detected;
- Falsifying drug labels to conceal how expired or untested drug solution lots were mixed with other lots, and
- Failing to properly clean and disinfect the "clean rooms" where the steroid injections were manufactured. Cleaning logs were falsified to state otherwise, said, prosecutors.
Cadden and several other defendants also are charged with pretending to dispense drugs on the basis of patient-specific prescriptions — what Massachusetts law requires of a pharmacy — when they actually were functioning as a drug manufacturer, distributing their product in bulk to customers. Fake prescriptions often bore the names of celebrities and fictional characters, such as Chris Rock, Wonder Woman, Bill Clinton, Harry Potter, and Jennifer Lopez.
If convicted on all counts, Cadden and Chin could be sentenced to life in prison, according to the Department of Justice. Stephen Weymouth, an attorney for Chin, said his client will plead not guilty.
"I am shocked almost beyond words that they brought back an indictment against him...that include second-degree murder," Weymouth told Medscape Medical News. "It's just overreaching on the part of the government. We fully intend to defend this case."
Bruce Singal, Cadden's attorney, said in a statement issued to Medscape Medical News that the fungal meningitis outbreak caused by the New England Compounding Center drugs was a "terrible human tragedy." However, "not every accident, and not every tragedy, are caused by criminal conduct."
"The US Attorney's Office should not indict people over the tragic consequences of noncriminal behaviour," said Singal. "And it should not wage a public relations campaign to vilify citizens who have been found guilty of nothing."
Yes, prevention is the key. IV Vitamin Therapy will aid in maintaining a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Most of us are exposed daily to numerous toxins, so IV therapy will help keep our circulatory system clean, which in turn will prevent many common conditions like arteriosclerosis, joint disease and some cancers. By doing this, we are helping the body get rid off substances that would normally not know how to “digest” or “break down”.
The only downside to glutathione supplementation is that when taken orally, the gastrointestinal system breaks much of the glutathione down into its 3 component amino acids before it can be absorbed into the system. This means that you must take much more glutathione than the effective dose to make sure that you are getting a sufficient amount into the system. This is where IV Glutathione supplementation comes into play. By taking glutathione intravenously it is possible to get the supplement directly into the body in its original form, bypassing any of the degrading processes associated with oral supplementation.
For skin brightening, this would seem to be the only reasonable method. Attempting to take a sufficient amount of glutathione for skin Brightening through oral supplementation is wasteful and may be ineffective due to the breakdown of the digestive system. IV Glutathione for skin brightening has been used in China and Japan for many years to assist women with brightening their skin. Not until few years when a few individuals saw the skin brightening effect of glutathione, did these infusions become so popular.
For skin brightening, it is recommended to have IV infusions twice a week in the first month in order to get the full benefit. After this period, infusions can be done weekly until your desired skin tone and results are achieved. Thereafter, one session every month to maintain results.
Patients who were taking oral supplements of glutathione experienced/ realized that aside from experiencing the antioxidant effect, they saw a substantial amount of skin brightening. This then leads to the introduction of oral glutathione, such as skin brightening supplements.
Vitamin C and Alpha Lipoic acid oral supplements are very important when having glutathione infusions to ensure complete absorption and retention of glutathione. This is essential when supplementing with oral glutathione. For this reason, Vit C is added to our Skin Brightening cocktail.
When undergoing an IV consultation, it is not simply the evaluation that is important but instead, it is the interpretation and subsequent follow-up to correct metabolic imbalances that is of prime importance. This requires specialized training and thus this procedure is suited more to the holistic and nutritional type practices and those practitioners involved in preventive medicine.
To read more about IV therapy as well as how to go about booking a consultation- read our about IV Infusions page.