Welcome to The Renewal Institute’s Skin & Health Store!
Please take a moment to read the terms and conditions to understand how they apply to you and the use of our website as well as to any products you order through our Skin and Health Store.
Please read the below carefully and print a copy for future reference.
The terms and conditions apply to all purchases through our Skin and Health stores and by using this website or communicating with us by electronic means, you consent and acknowledge that any and all agreements, notices, disclosures or any other communication satisfies any legal requirements, including but not limited to the requirement that such communication should be in writing.
We may change, modify, add to or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms. Changes to these Terms will become effective when the changes are posted to this website. It is your obligation to periodically review these terms.
- You are required to complete an online registration before placing any orders through the Skin and Health Stores.
- To register as a user, you must provide a unique username and password and provide certain information and personal details to the Skin and Health Store. You will need to use your unique username and password to access the website in order to purchase anything. For security purposes you agree to enter the correct username and password whenever you place orders, failing which will be denied access. You agree that once the correct username and password relating to your account have been entered, irrespective of whether the use of the username and password is unauthorised or fraudulent, you will be liable for payment of such order.
- You agree to inform us immediately if you become aware of or reasonable suspect any unauthorised access to or use of your username and password and to take steps to mitigate any resultant loss or harm.
- The website may only be used by you if you are 18 years of age or older and of full legal capacity. If you are under the age of 18 years or if you are not legally permitted to enter into a binding agreement, then you may only use the website with the involvement and supervision of your parent or legal guardian.
- All new clients are required to complete an online assessment before purchasing through our Skin Store. Registration and/or use of our online store constitutes your acceptance and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions outline
Supplier of goods or service details
Information of supplier of the goods: According to disclosure requirements of the Electronic Communication and Transactions Act (‘’ECTA’’), Act 25 of 2002.
- Skinrenewal cc trading as Skin Store (supplier)
- Dr Maureen Allem Inc. trading as Health Store
- Registration number: CK2005/050518/23
- Vat number: 4490221787
- Physical address: Pineslope Shopping Centre, Corner of The Straight Avenue and Witkoppen Avenue, Fourways
- Postal address: PO Box 411 885 Craighall 2024
- Tel: 011 467 4069
- Supplier will accept legal service at E102, First Floor, East Block Office, Fairway Square, Fairway Close Parow, 7500
- The main business of supplier is community, social and personal services.
- Website https://onlineskinshop.co.za and email address email@example.com
Product Sales and Availability
- All food/skin products displayed on our website are subject to availability and will either be delivered to you via courier (Skin Store products only) or delivered to your nearest branch, where you can collect your order.
- All prices shown on our website are quoted in South African Rands and are valid and effective only in the Republic of South Africa. We reserve the right to discontinue or change the specifications and/or prices of our skin/food products and services from time to time without notice.
- We will inform you as soon as possible if any products or services ordered by you are not available.
- The services and products available on our website are for your personal use only. You may not sell or resell any of the services or products you receive from us.
Skin/Food Products Displayed
Skin/food products displayed on our website are for the purpose of indicating the range of products available and may in certain circumstances, vary in presentation and content from the actual food/skin product/s purchased. Comprehensive information about each food/skin product purchased will be available on request and on the label. Packaging may vary from that shown on our website.
You will be charged the prices that are reflected online, subject to availability.
Radiant Loyalty Programme Members
- New loyalty numbers are updated on to the database at 12am daily and clients will therefore only be recognised by the store as existing loyalty clients the following day.
- Loyalty points will be rewarded to online purchases, loyalty discounts will only be applied to products purchased in the Skin Store, not the Health Store.
- Gift vouchers cannot be redeemed on the Skin and Health stores, but can only be redeemed in our physical branches.
The online skin assessment on this website, onlineskinshop.co.za does not replace proper consultation with a Healthcare professional.
Methods of payment
- All orders are payable through the secure Payfast online payment gateway which accepts Visa or Mastercard credit cards;
- Where payment is made by credit card, we may require additional information in order to authorise and/or verify the validity of payment. In such cases we reserve the right to withhold delivery until such time as the additional information is received by us and authorisation is obtained by us for the amounts. If we do not receive authorisation, your order for the products will be cancelled.
- You warrant that you are fully authorised to use the credit card supplied for purposes of paying for the products.
- You also warrant that your credit card has sufficient available funds to cover all the costs incurred as a result of the services used on the website.
- Whilst we endeavour to fulfil all orders, we cannot always guarantee that we will have stock. You will be notified if the skin/food product/s you selected is/are out of stock.
- Lamelle products are only available to clients who have visited a Skin Renewal branch and had an in-person consultation prior to purchase and are signed up to the Radiant Loyalty Programme.
Confirmation of orders
Orders placed online constitute your offer to purchase subject to these terms. Your offer is deemed to have been accepted by us when you receive the Order Confirmation email. Failure by us to formally confirm or notify acceptance shall not affect the validity of the sale or the enforceability thereof.
If for any reason you would like to cancel an order, this may be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org within five hours of placing your online order.
Delivery / Collection
Free delivery will apply for all Skin Store purchases over R1500.
A R75 courier charge will apply for purchases in the Skin Store with a basket value under R1500. Subject to stock availability with suppliers and receipt of payment, purchases will be delivered within three business days of your order being confirmed for major areas and six business days for outer lying areas. The delivery address provided is the address we deliver to and we will not take responsibility for incorrect information provided or if you are not available to receive your parcel during business hours, from Monday to Friday. We do not deliver to PO boxes, should you live on a farm or rural area, your parcel will be delivered to the closest post office. In these circumstances, we will be in contact with you to arrange an alternative address.
Subject to stock availability with suppliers and receipt of payment, collection can take place from your nearest branch, as selected by you, free of charge during operating hours, two business days from when your order is confirmed, with proof of purchase via the Order Confirmation email received from email@example.com.
Subject to stock availability with suppliers and receipt of payment, collection can take place from your nearest branch, as selected by you, free of charge during operating hours, seven business days from when your order is confirmed, with proof of purchase via the Order Confirmation email received from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Failure to Collect Order
In the event that the food is not collected by you within seven days of arrival at the branch you selected, food will be donated to the SA Food Bank.
Skin products should be collected within 30 days at the branch selected by you when the order was placed. Orders will not be kept on the premises for longer than 30 days.
Returning defective or damaged products
We do our best to ensure that the products we deliver to you are of the highest quality. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with an item purchase from our website, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you with your complaint. Subject to the Consumer protection Act No 68 of 2008, if you have received a product from us and found that the container is defective or leaking, please contact us within 10 days of purchase and we will gladly replace the exact product at no additional cost to you. Where a replacement product is not available, your account will be credited.
Purchases can not be returned to the branch if purchased through the Online Store.
Upon delivery, if you no longer want the product you have ordered, you may return it to our physical address within 5 days at your own expense. If the product is unopened and the original packaging is still intact, we will provide you with a Skin Store voucher to the same value. We do not provide monetary refunds in these circumstances. Subject to section 56 of the CPA, this paragraph is subject to the following reasonable guidelines:
- Products must have been purchased directly from us (Skin Store).
- Products must be returned within 30 days of order date.
- Please include a copy of your receipt and a note with your email address, contact details and reason for returning the products.
- We cannot accept returns on used products.
- Original handling and courier costs are non-refundable.
- Products specified as non- returnable or not for resale cannot be returned.
- No foods are returnable.
Some products (such as many anti-ageing creams) sold on our website contain active ingredients and these creams can cause mild irritation of the skin upon initial use thereof. We thus recommend using these products not more than three times per week initially and then gradually increases to daily use. If you have developed a more severe reaction, please contact our Customer Care line at 076 671 2256 email@example.com and an experienced staff member will endeavour to resolve any adverse reactions. For after hours medical emergencies, please contact 0861 7546 72. Refunds on creams causing adverse reaction will be judged on an individual basis.
We do not offer exchanges, replacements or account credits on the following products, unless they are faulty or not as described:
- Skin and food products that have been opened or damaged after leaving our premises.
- Food products
We shall take all reasonable effort to accurately reflect the description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of skin and food products on the website. Should there be any errors of any nature on the website, we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error, save – in the case of any incorrect purchase price – to the extent of refunding you for any amount already paid, or otherwise as set out in the Returns Policy.
Complaints and disputes
Any complaints regarding the use of the website or the standard and quality of the product or products bought by you through the Skin and Health stores should be directed to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Processing of credits and refunds
Should you be entitled to a refund, such refund shall be affected on the credit card used to purchase the product, within one calendar month of the returned item having been cleared by The RenewalInstitute’squality checking procedure.
The RenewalInstitutereserves the right to refuse, in the interest of fraud prevention, processing any payment for any order, and/or to cancel any purchase partially or completely, with notice given to you. The RenewalInstitutewill be responsible for returning your funds for the cancelled portion of the order, only if you have already paid such funds.
Copyright and intellectual property rights
- Content, information, “look and feel”, including but not limited to logos, trademarks, service marks, images, graphics, audio clips, software, data compilations, button icons and displays on the website is owned by us, our affiliates, partners, licensors or any third party owners of the rights and the content is protector by South Africa and international copyright laws, including laws governing copyright and trademarks.
- We may change, modify, add to or remove from portions or the whole of the website. Changes to the website will become effective when the changes are posted to this website.
We respect your privacy and will take all reasonable measures to protect it.
Should you decide to register on our website we need personal information from you.
We will only use your personal information for the following purposes:
- In relationship to ordering, sale and delivery of products
- To contact you regarding current or new services offered by us
- Inform you of special offers and promotions offered by us (unless you have indicated in the registration process that you do not want to receive any marketing material)
- To improve your experience on our website
- To our supplier in order to liaise with you directly if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, order of court or legal process served on us or to protect and defend our rights of property.
- We undertake never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in this policy, unless we are compelled to do so by law. In the event of fraudulent online payment, we reserve the right to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
- We cannot guarantee or accept any liability for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
- The use of the website is entirely at your own risk and you assume full responsibility for any risk or loss resulting from use of the website or reliance on any information on the website.
- Although products sold from the website, under certain conditions may be under warranty, the website itself and all the information provided is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, completeness or non-infringement, as may be allowed in law.
- We give no warranty or imply that the information or files available on the website are free of viruses, spyware, malware, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, destroy, compromise, disable, harm, jeopardise or disrupt in any manner the operation, stability, security functionality or content of your computer system, computer network, hardware or software in any way.
- This website may contain links or references to other websites (third parties) which are outside of our control, including those of advertisers. Notwithstanding the fact that the website may refer to or provide links to third party websites, your use of such third party websites are entirely at your own risk and we are not responsible for any loss, expense, claim or damage, whether direct or indirect arising from your use of such third party website or your reliance on your information contained thereon.
Jurisdiction Your use of the website will constitute your consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the South Africa courts regarding all proceedings, transactions, applications or the like instituted by either party against the other, arising from any of these terms and conditions.