This is a short story of my life:
Three years ago, i.e. in 2013 to be precise, I was introduced to Skin Renewal for weight loss. I’ve been struggling with my weight loss for ages. I have tried the vegie juice, which was indeed the best detoxing agent for me, but it had its own highs and lows.
Subsequent to my body detox I would be hospitalized. That’s when I decided to go to Skin Renewal for help. What impressed me the most was the medical supervision from the Nursing Sister/ Doctor. I then started with the weight loss program. Initially my weight was 76kg and my target weight was meant to be 55kg. During the first two weeks I lost 6.3kg. I was very excited and my weight dropped to 69.7kg. Thereafter I couldn’t lose any more weight.
I was frustrated and the sister asked me to record everything I ate. I was scared to put my diet on paper as I thought I wasn’t following the instructions. Then the sister gave me a surprise call. I had lied to her and told her that I ate Nando’s instead of boiled chicken. I got frustrated as I thought nothing seemed to work for me. I subsequently decided to quit Skin Renewal. I went into a severe depression. One day I asked myself why did I quit Skin and Body Renewal. I couldn’t get an answer.
A year later I decided to go back. My conscience spoke to me that quitters don’t win and winners don’t quit. I had to get to the bottom of my yo- yo diets. This time around I was extremely cautious. I then made my first appointment with the Skin Renewal. I followed through till I couldn’t lose any more weight again. I recorded everything I ate and I just couldn’t lose any more weight. I then requested the nursing sister to book an appointment with the Doctor. This is when I was introduced to Dr and all my problems unfolded. He gave a questionnaire to fill in. All the questions on that questionnaire were about everything that was happening in my life at the time. The long and short of this was that I was suffering from the following without even realising:
- Chronic constipation –Had trombone haemorrhoids and had to undergo a surgical procedure
- Severe fatigue – Taking energy supplements and nothing worked
- Severe depression – Been on anti-depressants and ended up having water retention in my body.
- Memory loss- I would literally look for something that was in my hand
- Bad eye sight – Had to wear my spectacles since everything would be blurred without them
- Poor libido - Never intimate with my husband for the past three year. Always having excuses.
- Suicidal – I was highly suicidal but scared of a failed attempt.
- Low self-esteem- Was very withdrawn and kept to myself.
- Panic attacks etc.- forever scared and thinking the worst was going to happen to me.
- Bad sleeping patterns- scared to go to bed. Couldn’t sleep before 23h00 or 24h00 daily.
- Spinal Injury- Confined to my bed for two months with a very slow healing process.
- Sore body- Every part of my body was very sore. I would scream when my husband tried to give me a body massage. My body felt empty with no substance or matter. It felt like an empty painful shell with so many invisible cracks within. My life was deteriorating every single day.
My answers, based on the above, were all positive and couldn’t disclose this to anyone as I trusted nobody. It took a while before I could open up to the Dr. He then assured me that everything will be fine. I looked at him and I thought to myself ‘yeah right’. My scepticism got the better of me. He then requested me to go for blood test. I got a shock of my life when my blood results were revealed to me.
As of today I can proudly confirm that there is light at the end of the tunnel and I’m feeling much, much better. Can’t wait to be back on my weight loss program and to prove to the nursing sister that I am neither a cheater nor a quitter and I can do it.
Thank you Dr, for playing such a huge role and for contributing so much in my life, and, being my BFF in my journey. Love you too much and may the Lord bless you and give you more strength to save more patients like me. I’ve been given a second chance in life and hopefully you and I will be able to translate this story in a book someday, to save more troubled lives.