Frequently Asked Questions
Biopuncture injectable therapy is an effective and inexpensive way to promote the natural regulatory processes in the body that reduces inflammation, enhance the body’s natural immunity, and promotes healing and better health. Generally these injections of homeopathic solution are dilute micro doses of plants or minerals given intramuscularly in one small injection site. One injection intramuscularly has a systemic effect on the entire body. For more localized areas, an application known as “Bio puncture” can be used for conditions such as an acute sprained ankle or frozen shoulder. Their application in the area of immune enhancement and pain reduction are paramount.
Once our patients try these simple intramuscular injections, they often request them because of their immediate and dramatic results. For example, many patients with arthritis do not want to take daily medications. After 4-6 weekly injections, they may have one per month to keep their pain level significantly reduced or completely pain free. The injections are cost effective and they generally produce positive results.
Respiratory rate, blood pressure, heartbeat, glucose level, are only a few examples of subtle autoregulating systems. Each of these autoregulating systems has a set point and a set point margin, where in between, the regulating process fluctuates to maintain homoeostasis. The disease can be defined as a condition in which one or more autoregulating systems are no longer oscillating between the set point margin of the respective autoregulating system. It is the objective in Bioregulatory Medicine to restore normal functioning of this autoregulating systems.
Only biotherapeutics in injection form are applied in Biopuncture. The characteristics of the medications used are:
- They have bioregulatory characteristics
- The molecular concentrations of the constituents used have no toxic, suppressive or substitutional value. We may state that these biotherapeutic medications are low-dose or even ultra-low-dose medications compared to medications used in conventional medicine.
- They are manufactured according to stringent guidelines in good manufacturing practice (GMP) and are by definition sterile and free of pathogens.
The injection sites can be divided into two main types of injection groups: treatment zone injections, also termed local injections and distant injections. Local injections are given in the pain zone or the reflex zone. Distant injections are given at locations distant to the painful region e.g. in trigger points.
The Biopuncture injection therapy is well defined and differs in application from conventional injection treatments, although conventional diagnostic methodology remains the same. The functional examination is based on a more advanced physical examination. Both the physical and functional examination influences the therapy approach, which may differ from a conventional medical approach.
Biopuncture is a safe injection therapy applying a standardized technique that allows a quick assessment of the patient.
This novel therapeutic tool is:
- clinically effective
Biopuncture has minimal side-effects, and almost no systemic absorption.
Biopuncture is a specific injection method, clearly differentiated from other injection methods applied in medical practice (such as neural therapy, mesotherapy, prolotherapy, and numerous others).
Its boundaries are well defined in the technique of injection, the site of injection and type of medications used. Although specific examination techniques are used, especially in musculoskeletal complaints, Biopuncture is based on a conventional and an additional functional diagnosis.
It is important to remember that there is no one-treatment procedure that will fix all problems. The most success is usually obtained if one combines numerous different treatment modalities. It is for this reason that we recommend that all patient undergo a thorough Health Renewal consultation, where all underlying abnormalities can be identified and treated with the necessary lifestyle changes, nutraceuticals and medication if needed. If indicated, Biopuncture will always form part of this treatment plan.
Biopuncture have been successfully used to assist in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Migraines & chronic headaches
- Neck and Shoulder spasms
- Chronic myofascial pain syndrome
- Lower back pain
- Adrenals – stress
- Acne (body and Face)
- Fat reduction
- Viral infection
- Bacterial infection
- Bronchitis/ Trachitis/Asthma
- Pain Management
- Chronic myofascial pain syndrome
- Lower back pain
- Knee injuries
- Ankle injuries
- Carpal Tunnel
- Sciatic Neuralgia
- Sport bomb
- Adrenal fatigue
- Mental boost
There are very few doctors in South Africa acquainted with the beneficial effects of Biopuncture. At Health Renewal we have over 2 years experience with Biopuncture in the successful treatment of patients suffering with numerous musculoskeletal problems. Health renewal's focus has always been to restore health and wellbeing, instead of just treating symptoms.
In conventional medicine, the drug you take suppresses your symptoms immediately. That is why you need to take high doses in order to suppress, for example, pain or inflammation. And usually it works immediately. But as soon as the medication stops working, you have to take another pill to "kill the pain" again.
However, in Biopuncture small doses of products are injected in order to stimulate the natural healing processes. These ultra-low doses "wake up" mechanisms, which are available anyway. So, the healing effect comes from "inside" your body-not from the products themselves. It's the reaction of your immune system, which will produce the proper reactions to regain natural healing. The reaction of your body may be, for example, better local blood circulation, tissue repair, and relaxation of muscles or local detoxification. During the reparation of tissue, your body is even more vulnerable and it is a good idea at this stage not to overuse the part, which is treated because it is still in the process of repair.
- Traumeel: For the regulation of acute inflammation, sports sprains and strains. To help reduce inflammation, pain, regenerate when possible, and serve as a catalyst in the healing process. It increases circulation, works as an analgesic to reduce pain, while promoting the natural healing process. Traumeel is also used for acute inflammation, sprains, strains and achy muscles. Zeel and/or Traumeel are highly effective in reducing pain and inflammation related to fibromyalgia.
- Zeel: For the temporary relief of symptoms of mild to moderate arthritic pain, osteoarthritis, joint stiffness and chronic inflammatory conditions. One of the homeopathic injectable known as Zeel reduces chronic inflammation in the body, not by suppression, but by promoting the natural biological healing process. Zeel, unlike many of its anti-inflammatory counterparts, does not have negative gastrointestinal effects, does not thin the blood like NSAIDS and has no adverse drug interactions but does reduce pain and inflammation
- Spascupreel: For the relief of tight muscles and spasms anywhere in the body (abdominal and menstrual cramps, spasmodic cough, intestinal colic) and for acute or chronic muscle tightness and spasms such as acute neck and shoulder tightness and pain.
- Neuralgo Rheum: For the stimulation of the defence mechanism in joint disorders: chronic arthritis and arthrosis, neuralgia and rheumatism of the soft tissues, intervertebral disc conditions, exhaustion and debility.
- Lymphomyosot: For the temporary relief of swelling due to poor circulation, minor injury and environmental toxins.
- Engystol: For the general enhancement of the natural immune defence system to fight off colds and viruses through its anti-viral properties and immune building properties.
- Gripp Heel: For defence against viruses such as influenza; malaise, body aches, and cold symptoms, and immune building properties.
- Coenzyme Comp: For Dysfunction of the Kerb cycle.
- Discuss Comp: For disorders of the joints (chronic arthritis arthrosis) Neuralgic/rheumatic disorders of the vertebral column, Disc lesions vertebral column.
- Echinacea Comp: For Immune stimulation, bacterial infection, furuncles, boils, enter-colitis, gingivitis, stomatitis, abscesses, Carbuncles, sinusitis, cystitis, pyelitis, adnexitis
- Hepar Comp: For Detoxification of liver in acute & chronic diseases of the liver, Cholangitis, Cholacystis, Dermatosis, Dermatitis
- Testis Comp: For Stimulation of male organs, premature ejaculation, impotence, enuresis, muscular Dystrophy, exhaustion, various metabolic disturbances.
- Thyroidea Comp: For Thyroid dysfunction stimulation of glandular functions, connective tissues, muscular dystrophy, myxedema, sclerodermatitis, precancerous stages.
- Tonic-Injeel: For States of exhaustion, chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Tonsilla Comp: Stimulation of lymphatic system & improvement of body defences, granulocytopenia, agranulocytosis, leukaemia, sclerodermatitis, polyarthritis, and neoplastic phases.
- Ubichinon Comp: Enzymatic dysfunction, stimulation of Oxygen metabolism treatment of cellular phase disease.
- Engystol and Gripp Heel separately and synergistically together stimulate the body’s immune system naturally; work to fight off viruses, colds, and influenza. They can be used as prevention, at the onset of a cold, or during the cold to help reduce cold symptoms and shorten the duration. We recommend monthly injections during the cold and flu season to prevent colds and viruses.